Welcome to my website, detailing the adventures of Captain Esek Hrelle, his family, and the crew and cadets of his starship, the USS Surefoot. These stories are set in the 2360-70s, the Next Generation/DS9/Voyager Era.

When I wrote the first story, The Universe Had Other Plans, in the far off distant year of 2016, I never intended it to be a "first" story of anything. It was meant to be a one-off, a means of helping me fight writer's block on another project. I am amazed and delighted that it has taken on a life of its own, with an extended family of characters, places, ships and events.

The column on the right hand side groups the stories chronologically by significant events in Captain Hrelle's life (such as the command of a new Surefoot), as well as major events in the Star Trek timeline. The column on the left hand side lists reference articles, one-off stories, and a link to stories set on the USS Harken, a ship from decades before but with ties to the Surefoot Universe.

The universe of Star Trek belongs to CBS/Paramount; all of the original characters here belong to me. There is no explicit sexual content, but there are instances of profanity, violence and discussions of adult subject matters and emotional themes; I will try to offer warnings on some of the stories, but sometimes I forget.

I love comments (I don't get paid for this, sadly), so feel free to write and let me know what you think!

Tuesday 17 November 2020

Coming Soon:

"Yesterday, Sabraday, the 7th of Firemoot, 1218 After Landing - a date which will live in infamy - the Ferasan Patriarchy, in cooperation with their new allies in the Dominion, invaded the Caitian System.

There had been no warning, no declaration of intent. They swarmed into our space, like a storm. Our colonies and outposts fell, without any alert from them of what was to come. 

Our Planetary Navy stood fast.

They, too, fell. With no survivors.

We called for aid from Starfleet. 

Their silence is deafening.

The Enemy have taken control. But this is not the End. Not for us. Not for our World.

May the Great Mother watch over all of us."

-Caitian Matriarchy Council, in Absentia






 


3 comments:

  1. Oh man... I must admit, I was sort of hoping this story wouldn't happen! Don't get me wrong I expect this will likely be epic, but I feel invested in all these characters now, and the world building of Cait and the Shall clan, and this is clearly going to hurt...

    Damn that Trenagen, to have learnt that he's mostly responsible is both excellent setup and a kick in the teeth. Section 31 really don't come across as being a net benefit do they, here or in Discovery's previous season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, TomS! Yes, I've been of two minds about finally getting to this storyline; as much as I will enjoy writing what will certainly be an epic, knowing at least the ultimate fate of Cait and some of her most beloved inhabitants is dreadful...

      I know many fans like the idea of Section 31, and I can't deny that such an organisation might possibly have a place in the real world... but I don't like it in this idealistic future that Star Trek has always espoused. So I've never liked it, and have never depicted it in anything but negative terms.

      Delete
  2. A unique homage to FDR's "A Date Which Will Live In Infamy" speech...
    *raises wine glass* [i]Salud[/i]

    ReplyDelete